1. History of UNIX and fundamentals of Linux
2. UNIX Architecture (Shells ) & Filesystem hierarchy
3. Basic commands & Vi Editor
4. User Administration and Group Administration
5. file permissions, ACL and SUID, SGID and Sticky Bit
6. Partitions (fdisk -l, parted) and /etc/fstab
7. Components of LVM (physical volume, logical volume, volume group)
Implementation of LVM Storage
8. Extending & reducing a Volume Group
9. Performance monitoring sar, vmstat, top, iostat
10. Disk quota & Managing swap & Increasing & Decreasing swap spaces
11. soft link and hard link, cronjob and at jobs, tar, gzip, bzip & runlevels
12. installing LINUX OS in ftp,http and nfs
13. Installing Software using RPM & YUM
14. Kernel and kernel modules
15. Understanding Network Configuration Files
16. SSH (openssh and SCP, rsync), logrotate
17. Network File Services (NFS)
18. File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
19. SAMBA Server
20. DNS Server
21. DHCP Server
22. Mail Server
23. Web Server
VXVM (Veritas Volume Manager) and Veritas cluster
1. Complete indepth training and practicals on VXVM and cluster.
2. Installing Storage Foundation (VXVM) and complete practicals of Assigning LUNs, creating DG, sbudisks plex and volumes with concatenation, stripe.
3. Importing and Deporting of DG, removing Disk from DG, renaming of DG
4. DMP - Dynaming multipathing
5. Installing and Configuring HA (veritas cluster).
6. Configuring I/O Fencing & heartbeat.
7. About HAD, GAB & LLT
8. Creating service groups and adding resources to the service groups.
9. Manual failover and failback of service groups and testing automatic failover.
1. About Redhat satellite server.
2. Its usage in real time and theory part of how to configure redhat satellite server.
3. How to establish connection of all the Linux servers in the environment to Redhat satellite server.
4. How to do OS patching with the help of Satellite server.
5. How to create kickstart file in satellite server
6. How to install OS in physical and virtual machines with the help of kickstart file.
7. How to configure Satellite server in YUM for Linux servers
Troubleshooting and Real time topics of Redhat Linux, VXVM & Veritas Cluster and some other topics.
1. Difference between blade and standalone server.
2. About enclosure (chasis) and connectivity of blades to the enclosure.
3. About HP Prolaint and HP blades G5 -G9.
4. About how to connect to physical Machines ILO and virtual machines ILO to solve booting issues.
4. About virtual machines environment which run on vmware and hyper-v
5. Multipathing & Powerpathing in detail with all the options.
5. Kernel tuning and kernel modules. loading and unloading of kernel modules.
6. IP Alias & IPbonding with different modes(active-active & active-backup)
7. VSFTPD indepth with sftp and Configuring external FTP server for external users.
8. NFS with indepth using all the options available for NFS server & client end. Example, root_squash, no_root_squash, sync, async, hard, soft, rsize, wsize etc.
9. Booting Process with in detail. Also grub recovery, initrd recovery
10. LVM issues like filessytem read-only mode, inodes full, super-block corrupt etc.
11. Solving Booting issues by going into singler user mode, Maintenance mode, rescue mode.
1. About ITIL Process
2. Change Management, Incident Management & Problem Management.
3. Resume Preparation including Day to Day job, Project environment, Supporting servers.
4. Interview Questions